Friday, February 7, 2014

The Dreaded Doctor's Office Visit

Infants and breastfeeding are great together, when you're the mom. Food is virtually free and instantly available. The baby never fusses about how warm or how cold the mom's milk is.

I work in IT, so it leaves me with a rather flexible schedule. If one of the kids get sick, I can easily work from home and tend to the sick kid between meetings. This lends to me doing the majority of visits to the doctors, dentist, field trips, and other yucky locations kids need to go.

Last weekend, we had a hunch that the baby had an ear infection coming on. Unfortunately, visits to the doctor's office on Monday's are always tedious. Upon entering the office, I found the waiting room completely full; 8 kids and their parents. Get ready for the long wait.

After a little over an hour, we finally made it into the back room. At this time, she just recently has pooped her diaper and is getting hungry. Quick diaper change and happily I planned ahead with a bottle.

I put about 1 cup of fairly hot water into the travel mug. The 5oz baby bottle with nipple cover fit perfectly inside, then closed the mug with the lid. When I needed the warm milk, it was actually a little hot for her and I needed to let it cool before feeding her.

Baby girl does have an ear infection and is now on antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment